MAXIMUM SECURITY IN FERTILITY TREATMENTS
The incorporation of the WITNESS system is a great commitment to safety and transparency, which are key factors in the success of the IVF treatments we perform at Embriogyn.
WHAT IS THE WITNESS SYSTEM?
The Witness is a system for the control and traceability of all biological samples that we work with in the IVF lab.
Its main objective is to ensure maximum security in the identification and handling of the eggs, sperm and embryos of people undergoing fertility treatment.
In particular, the RI Witness system helps to prevent potential errors by supervising the laboratory team and to ensure traceability during the handling of the gametes and embryos in a safe and reliable manner.
This system thus provides an extra level of security to reduce possible human error to zero.
HOW THE WITNESS SYSTEM WORKS
The Witness system uses radio frequency to detect and monitor all the activity in the Assisted Reproduction laboratories. The system allows reducing to zero the risk of human error every time the samples are handled, since every step is controlled and recorded and requires double checks at certain entry and exit points of biological samples.
- We give patients a card with a unique code that will be used throughout the treatment and can only be read on an Embriogyn Witness reader.
- All materials that will contain samples (plates, tubes, etc.) have an RFID (microchip) radio frequency tag that is automatically activated when you approach a work area.
- All areas of the In Vitro Fertilization laboratories where biological samples are handled have card readers and microchips.
- From egg collection and delivery of the sperm sample to embryo transfer, biopsy or storage of frozen embryos, the plates containing samples are automatically and constantly recorded and self-assessed, confirming the origin of each sample and tracking it throughout the laboratory stay.
- At key points, moreover, the system calls for double human control to enable progress to the next step.
- Any unexpected procedure is detected and the system alerts the embryologist before any potential error occurs.
- At each step, the identification data of the patients is controlled (name, surname, history number, type of sample, point of the process in which it is found, etc.) and all the traceability is registered to guarantee 100% reliability in the origin of all the biological samples that work in the Fertility Center.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
It’s quite simple. All you have to do is contact Embriogyn and make an appointment with our specialists at the time that suits you best. In case you can’t come in person to the clinic, visits can also be arranged via Skype.